Modules Taught | Supervision | International Conferences | National Conferences
- PS124 Social Psychology
- PS214 Developmental Psychology
- PS341 Introduction to Collaborative Enquiry and Applied Systems Science
- PS342 Introduction to Positive Psychology
- PS1100 Critical and Collaborative Thinking
- PS466 Structural Equation Modeling
- PS525 Critical Thinking and Critical Thinking Technologies
- PS531 Skill Theory and Skill development
- MG589 Company-based Interdisciplinary Consultancy Study (Contributor on Systems Thinking)
- Doctoral Students, (Completed)
- Owen Harney, PhD. Systems thinking and systems science education: The design and evaluation of a new systems science educational tool. NUI Galway Arts faculty funding
- Christopher Noone, PhD. An analysis of the effects of mindfulness on executive function and critical thinking. NUI Galway Arts faculty funding
- Jenny Groarke, PhD. An analysis of the effects of music listening on physiological and psychological functioning in younger and older adults. IRC Funding
- Morteza RazaeiZadeh, PhD Student. Developing an effective model for promoting entrepreneurial competencies in Higher Education students facilitated by virtual education (co-supervisor with Dr. John O’Reilly). Iranian Government Funding
- Christopher Dwyer, PhD student. An Examination of the effects of Argument Mapping on memory, comprehension, and Critical Thinking Performance. (with Dr.Ian Stewart). IRCHSS funding
- Haulie Dowd, DPsychSc. Mindfulness and chronic pain: The development and pilot testing of an online MBCT intervention (with Dr. Brian McGuire and Dr. Kiran Sarma)
- Joanne O’Halloran, DPsychSc. An evaluation of the efficacy of Cognitive Stimulation Therapy and Sonas group interventions for people with moderate dementia
- Rosemary Fish, PhD. Measuring and Modelling Acceptance in Chronic Pain (co-supervisor with Dr. Brian McGuire and Dr. Ian Stewart). NUI Galway Arts faculty funding.
- Michael Keane, PhD. Effects of dietary caffeine on topographic EEG taking account of withdrawal and withdrawal reversal with and without sleep restriction (co-supervisor with Professor Jack James).
- Kate Burke, DPsychSc. Romantic Relationships in Older Adulthood: Understanding the complexities of romantic relationship satisfaction across the lifespan.
- Ronan Conway, PhD. Positive Youth Development: Developing a Theoretical Model of the Regulatory Capacities of Adolescents that Impact Positive Youth Behaviours and Risk Behaviours (co-supervisor with Dr. Caroline Heary). IRCHSS funding
- Claire McMoreland, DPsychSc. A lifespan perspective on wellbeing in Ireland (co-supervisor with Dr. Jane Walsh).
- Doctoral Students, (Current)
- Eric Van Lente, PhD Student. Mindfulness, Oneness self-perception and Well-being. NUI Galway Arts faculty funding.
- Cormac Ryan, PhD Student. Social Media and Well-being. NUI Galway Arts faculty funding.
- Bianca Pereira, PhD Student. Recommendation of role models to support the development of learning plans. (co-supervisor with Dr. Mathieu D’Aquin)
- Ann Colleran, DClin Student. Who Asked You? Young people identify ways to make first level mental health supports accessible. (co-supervisor with Dr. Anne O’Connor)
- Rob Razzante, PhD Student (Arizona State University). Co-Creating an Inclusive Workplace. (co-supervisor with Dr. Sarah Tracy, Dr. Benjamin Broome & Dr. Devika Chawla).
International conferences (chair and primary organiser)
- European Science Foundation ERNI-HSF Meeting on Combing Brain Imaging Techniques, NUI, Galway, April 29 – May 1, 2011 (115 Delegates; Published Proceedings; 17 papers, 10 posters; Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Workshop)
- Wellbeing in Ireland Conference: Overcoming barriers to Wellbeing in Ireland, June 2012 (100 delegates; Published Proceedings; 2 keynote papers, 35 posters, Delegate Collective Intelligence Workshop report; Irish Times feature article)
- Wellbeing in Ireland Conference: Designing Measures and Implementing Policies, June 2013 (90 delegates; Published Proceedings: 4 Keynotes from directors of Canadian, UK, Scottish, and Japanese wellbeing indices; 3 papers; 9 essays; 8 posters; Delegate Collective Intelligence Workshop report; Social Science Indicators Research Paper).
National conferences (co-organiser)
- Healthy Ageing in Galway City, November 14th, 2006. Clybaun Hotel, Galway. (One keynote; Citizen Workshop report)